While I do enjoy cooked cucumbers once in a while, I typically prefer to eat them in their chilled, raw form. This 5-ingredient, Easy Sesame Cucumber Salad is one of my favorite starters for an Asian-inspired meal. I have been making this salad for a while using sliced cucumbers, but recently, I have started using my spiralizer to make thick cucumbers “ribbons” for this dish. Both work equally well in this recipe, so the choice on which to use is yours! In the recipe below, I used spiralized cucumber ribbons, but if you do not have a spiralizer handy, feel free to simply use cucumber slices instead.
Easy Sesame Cucumber Salad
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Use a kitchen knife to remove the ends of the cucumbers. Spiralize the cucumbers into thick ribbons, and place ribbons in large mixing bowl. Cut any ribbons that are too long to make them more manageable to eat.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Stir to mix.
- Serve this Asian-inspired salad as a mealtime starter or alongside a stir-fry of choice.